When was Harald Blue launched?
Straight to the point: July 2020. 3 things happened end of June:
One - It became clear that the pandemic was going into multiple phases and therefore was far from over,
Two - Contact Tracing using Smart Phone Apps has shown very limited adoption:
- People felt that there was a privacy invasion, because the phone contained a GPS, and personal information.
- People wanted to control what they installed on their own phones.
- Apple’s iPhone have/had problems with running Bluetooth in the background.
- Android phones have/had problems with hacked apps.
- Many countries had had to recall their contact tracing app.
- Adoption rate was limited to 10-20%
- Because the various ways we carry our smart phones (in handbags, in trouser pockets, in shirt pockets, forgot at the desk), the signal strength was uneven and could therefore report lots of false positives on distancing (and vice versa).
- Because each phone supplier using various Bluetooth hardware, configure with various BLE version and various transmission power, the signal strength was uneven and could therefore report lots of false positives on distancing (and vice versa).
Three - Singapore had launched the TraceTogether token for elderly people, which sparked the idea.
Harald Blue is a South African registered business, operating globally.